Friday, February 11, 2005

400 channels and nothing on!

Keeping a weblog,or for that matter, any journal updated daily is not an easy task.Especially on weekdays.And today is Friday..weekend here in Kuwait. Tomorrow is a holiday too...

Its cold here in Kuwait...must be 5 centigrades..was 7 yesterday morning.They were warning us about "supercold weekend".Yesterday I hooked up the satellite TV connection.Almost 400 channels..all autoscanned by the digital receiver.Question is when do i get time to watch all these..? I'm so tired after office, the only thing that is on mind then will be to have supper and then sleep. But i guess the TV will be on as a background noise throughout...I am so used to background noise (even now while i'm wrtiting this Whitesnake is belting out.."Guilty Of Love"!) I am sort of addicted to this kind of background noise...I concentrate more on a task when i have music (Rock and heavy metal for me :-) ! And many of you out there are also addicted, right?

Went for a movie yesterday "Udayanu Thaaram" (Udayan is the (film)star- a rough translation of the title..) Yes, i am a Mallu (Mallu,or Malayalee - native of Kerala,India for those uninitiated!) working in Kuwait..The movie is rated 8/10 by me..But i found the movie dragging somewhere in middle..And Sreenivasan (as always!)stole the show..versatile actor..and he wrote the script too...My fav dialogue..Mohanlal to Sreenivas "Mekuppinum oru paridhiyille?" - Even makeup has its limit(to change a short dark old to a handsome young heartthrob!)

And my room is a mess..books..clothes..cds..papers all strewn around..I am an expert at procrastination..especially when it comes to taking care of myself...Been thinking of cleaning up the room for so many weeks...maybe i will do it today...I wasn't like this..is it because you get lazy when you grow old...but what did that guy mean when he said old habits die hard?

Monday is Valentine's Day! Brings back so many sweet memories!! And at the same time brings tears to my eyes...let me flick these from Whitesnake..

I used to be the man for you,
Did everything you wanted me to,
So, tell me, baby,
What did I do wrong...
Some things are better left unsaid,
But, all I do is cry instead,
Now, I've cried me a river,
Thinking how it used to be...
There've been too many tears falling,
And there've been too many hearts
Breaking in two.
Remember what we had together,
Believing it would last forever.
So, tell me, baby,
Where did I go wrong...
Everything I had was yours,
More than I have ever given before,

But for now, let me get into that "mushy" feeling...helping me in that is Whitesnake again with..."so when the sun goes down..i'll be there looking over your shoulder...the deeper the love,the stronger the emotion.." Guess today is "Whitesnake" day for me.!

Wishing you all a very Happy Valentine's Day! Take care of your loved ones...! God bless you all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment