Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Up The Irons...!!!

I am a die-hard fan of Iron Maiden, the British Heavy Metal band. (My other fav are Judas Priest and Manowar!). On Aug 20, Iron Maiden,the headliners of Ozzfest 2005,while performing was terrorized by some stupid,egoistic fans of Ozzy Osbourne,apparently at the behest of Sharon Osbourne. Iron Maiden was pelted with eggs,beer bottle caps,ice,etc. The lead singer Bruce Dickinson was even spit upon by an Ozzy fan. The PA system was switched off thrice while the band was playing.And the power was pulled out too. What a nice way to settle scores,eh? Iron Maiden didn’t walk away,like bands usually tend to do, but fought and gave it back to them.They played the full set of 60 mins.(5 mins more than the allotted slot). No wonder they are still on the top in this era of new metal,rap metal(what the heck is that?) and all other acts which strut around in the name of rock(grrrrr).And to add to that,Sharon came onstage after Iron Maiden left and passed comments on Bruce, after praising other members of the Maiden band and their crew,but was booed off.She also had to face “Maiden…Bruce” chants from the fans.I liked that.

I do like Black Sabbath and Ozzy Osbourne.After all he is the "Prince of Darkness","Godfather of Heavy Metal".But this sad episode should not have happened.Maybe he was not aware of his wife's plans. The whole episode sure did leave a bad taste.Read more about it here and here

Sharon Osbourne has done nastier things earlier too.Anybody remember what she did to Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath’s ex-guitarist)?

The above muttering was for die hard classic heavy metal fans.Well on to other things. One of my friends,is in Canada for her Masters degree.Good luck to you, my dear dear friend.And thanks for everything. May you be blessed abundantly! And oh, knowing you was my blessing!

In one post on her weblog Sonia, wrote about a taxi driver in Dubai,who was playing the car radio and irritating her. While in Jordan I saw a sticker,by the ministry, in the taxi cabs."Passengers' Bill of Rights".The third right was “No playing of radio,cassette recorder in an annoying way ”.One more reason to love Jordan! But then Jordan has both native Christians and Muslims.

I flew back to Kuwait on 5th. Back to the daily grind.I haven’t watched any movies on MBC2 after my return.Too busy to sit in front of telly and watch a whole movie.This kind of answers my question in my earlier post.

Been listening to Pink Floyd for the past few days. And more Iron Maiden too.

Onam...well Happy Onam to all you out there.Have a great day and take care.

2 comments:

Roshan said...

Hey Shibu, first of all nice to meet a fellow Mallu who lovs heavy metal (belive me, we r an exclusive & enlightned few). Also happy to know that u live in Kuwait (I was born and raised there till I was 12).
Now, Maiden is fab, agreed. About Priest, I haven't heard that many songs of theirs, never been that big a fan (but if they came to perform anywhere near me, I wud sell my grandmother's soul to watch them). Remember this is MY LIST which will differ from YOUR LIST or ANYONEELSE'S LIST. Anyway hope you like my blog and will keep visiting. Take care bro!

Jo said...

Heard a lot about Maiden and Priest, but never listened to them. Metallica is what I prefer and Nirvana give me a top. Heard Ozzy once, but not much. I have a friend who is a die-hard Ozzy fan who introduced me to a rock themed pub in Bangalore. That was a cool place.

Post a Comment