Thursday, September 22, 2005

Onam hangover...!

Everyone must be undergoing various stages of Onam hangover these days, I guess. So I will skip the details of the Onam sadhyas I had. But one thing I have to say. Boy was I lucky this year…four sadhyas and more to come. Due to non-availability of auditoriums, schools, the onam celebrations of many cultural organizations are still pending. I have one next Friday…as I commented “njan ippol thanne football pole aayi..!”

I watched “Nerariyan CBI” yesterday. A so..so film. I will give five out of ten, just for the twist at the end, the priest role by Jagathi,for Cochin Haneefa and Bindu Panicker. Annoying things were the white flashes of strobe light the director uses too much,the discussions on supernatural etc which bores you a little (you will understand when you watch the movie ). And the most annoying of all…the extensive use of advertisement...and the characters are made to say dialogues which promote the products….I couldn’t digest that. ( eg. Mamootty saying “athu (theyila) podiyude gunama!”(AVT), “916 gold”(kalyan jewelers), “njan indicom subscriber aanu” etc.) Then the unnecessary dialogues/scenes like “sir how to overcome fear?” and a few dialogues on that. Irrelevant and will bore you. I did hear people talking in the theater, a sure sign that they were all distracted and had lost interest. And how come in a CBI office there are no other employees? Jagathy as usual “kalakki” with his “catholic achan” role.

How to find out whether the rest of the crowd are bored with the movie as you are? …try a few coughs…if you hear others joining you in coughing…be sure there are people in the movie hall, who are also equally bored . Applicable to “kathi prasangam”s also.

Opera 8.5 browser is out. And its FREE. It’s the fastest browser.Faster than firefox in rendering webpages.

The kuwait ministry banned the latest India Today. Now i am intrigued..! I checked India-Today website.Now i know why it is banned in Kuwait.

I am planning to send weblink of this post by Silverine to all my friends... contemporary "Sholay". That was a good one,Silverine.

Take care all of you..

7 comments:

Sujith said...

onam strong aayirunna lakshanam ondallo..

Arun R said...

Hi,

Planning to watch CBI this week.... shall tell u how bored the crows in Chennai were.....

If India Today is banned, then Outlook would also have been banned!!!! Both India Today and Outlook are trying to get to each others throats when it comes to competition... check out Outlook also.....

esvee said...

@Jithu :-) thanks for dropping by
@Arun checked outlook too...no comments :-))

silverine said...

Hi,

Thanks for dropping by my blog and for the links. Appreciate it.

This development of promoting products in Malayalam films is a lil disgusting.

Now I am really curious to this issue of India Today. I will see if I can get a copy :)

Jo said...

Yeah, CBI had the flaws as you mentioned. But 'Chandupottu' is one heck of a movie that you can laugh your ass off! (oops! am I being a rival here? :-)

But as you said I liked the twist at the end.

Never tried Opera, now running FireFox. Will download it today. Thanks for the link.

Sujith said...

still in onam celebrations? :-)

Sujith said...

hey man, wishing u a warm xmas and a cheerful year ahead!

Post a Comment